Wednesday, May 27, 2009
It has been a while since I have had the energy or time to post a blog. SORRY for that!!! The working and home stuff seems to be alot of work for me . Still designing my crochet and knit items. Only selling on Etsy now though. Cost is more reasonable.
So I am deciding to do the practical posts. Money saving ideas, time savers, fun ideas... Ya know the stuff we all seem to have but forget to share with others. If I find some good sites, I wil post the links and you can let everyone know what you think.
We can start today with the first bit of money saving tips:
1. cut back on your dining out - yes, I know this will hurt some. BUT you can save $100 per month simply by eating out at a fast food joint 1 less time per week for a family of 4!!! - That could be your new patio furniture!!! or whatever..
2. lamp timers - NOT JUST FOR LAMPS!!! go figure... Use it for the computer or the TV. My family has a bad a habit of leaving the TV on ALL THE TIME. So spend $7 for a timer and set them. Save your electric bill. It may be small but over the year it adds up to about $100-200 off your electric bills depending on how many you are using and for what.
3. Buy the basics - Groceries are expensive... Look at what you buy and ask "is this necessary or for convenience??" I will bet 7 out of 10 times it is convenience. Try to deny it. lol
- Buy the big bag of chips or pretzels and sort out into bags for lunches as opposed to the snack packs.
- Salad - the head of lettuce is $.99 the bag is $3. Think about it. Take the extra 3 minutes and wash yor own lettuce. lol
- Drinks - buy koolaid and thermos for the kids. Yes, juice boxes are easy but costly.
Those are just a few but they are common sense. They can save a little money at a time but IT ADDS UP!!!!
If you have any, please let us know.
Times are tough and we all need to save where we can.
Friday, August 31, 2007
i have the 10x10 tent so we can chill out. lol and thouught what the heck, maybe i can make afew extra bucks.
so here are my tips for doing a successful show:
1. bring alot of change - people like to break big bills. no change, no sale!!
2. make friends withyour neihbors, they are a great way to pass time and you might get an extra sale.
3. bring a friend, it helps to have someone there in case you need to us ehte potty or just stretch your legs.
4. DISPLAY!!!!! make sure to have an attractive display. different heights will catch their eyes.
5. Business cards and photos of your work!!! people will take a card and maybe remember for a gift or look thru your photos and see something lse they want.
6. bring snacks!!! you dont want to spend all your money on eating while you are there. lol
hope those help, i know i have more but my mind is in a mad rush to finish some more car pillows for the car/craft show onthe 8th.
Friday, July 06, 2007
my damn car is having problems... figures.
it would be absurd to think of a few months without a car payment!!!!
yes, i know this has nothing to do with my designs BUT if i dnt have a car i cant get the yarn for new designs. HA, there now it does...
i am taking it in stride but am still peeved off!!!
the serpintine belt broke and i could barely control the car to get home. both kids in the car. SCARY!!!!
well, i am hoping it will be an easy fix but am not seeing my luck as good right now.
so help me out and visit my site and buy a hat. thanks.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
NOW I CAN NOT GET BACK TO SLEEP!!!!!!
so do i just lay in bed, close my eyes and pray i can get back to sleep.
do i pick up yarn and PRAY i dont make any stupid mistakes while crocheting still half asleep.
WOW!!! it is early!!! i am not used to this and BTW IT SUCKS!!!!
hope yal slept in!!!!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
i decided to give it another go around.
well, I LOVE IT!!!!
i have arranged 2 trades so far for BEAUTIFUL items i wanted!!!
i am trying to add some more of my designs each day.
here is my shop:
i still have my site http://warmestwishes2u.com but am enjoying the new group of people o have been meeting on the forums.
take a look and let me know what you think!!!
Saturday, December 30, 2006
i redid my site and changed to a better host. it looks a ton better now!!!
i have added so many new designs and still have aton to add!!!
with the increase in orders, finding the time for the site is hard but it is worth staying up until 2am to add designs.
go check it out and see what you think. www.Warmestwishes2u.com